Permit Fee Schedules
The fees for any permit or inspections required by the codes shall be established from time to time by resolution of the city council. For projects that contain mechanical, plumbing, electrical and building construction, a separate fee will be charged for each trade. In addition to the building permit fees, City of Littleton Use Tax and Arapahoe County Open Space Tax will also be assessed* (please see PLAN REVIEW FEE assessment).
**Please note, On May 4, 2021, City Council approved new impact fees for new development based on Ord. 10-2021(PDF, 273KB). The new impact fees will take effect on May 13, 2021. Any new building permit applications submitted on or after May 13, 2021 will be subject to the new fees. Should you have any questions about calculating your fees, please contact 303-795-3751.
Permit Fee Schedule - Building, Plumbing, Mechanical, Signs, and Fences**(PDF, 306KB)
|$1 - $500
|$501 - $2000
||$25.85 for the first $500 plus $3.35 for each additional $100 or fraction thereof, to and including $2,000
|$2,001 - $25,000
||$76.10 for the first $2,000 plus $15.40 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $25,000
|$25.001 - $50,000
||$430.30 for the first $25,000 plus $11.11 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $50,000
|$50,001 - $100,000
||$708.05 for the first $50,000 plus $7.70 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $100,000
|$100,001 - $500,000
||$1,093.05 for the first $100,000 plus $6.16 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $500,000
|$500,001 - $1,000,000
||$3,557.05 for the first $500,000 plus $5.23 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof, to and including $1,000,000
|$1,000,001 and up
||$6,172.12 for the first $1,000,000 plus $4.02 for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof
The following fees will also be charged on the Building Permit:
- USE TAX DEPOSIT = .01969 x TOTAL JOB VALUATION
- ARAPAHOE COUNTY OPEN SPACE TAX = .00125 x TOTAL VALUATION
*PLAN REVIEW FEE = 65% x PERMIT FEE(S) IS ONLY APPLICABLE WHEN THE BLUEPRINTS ARE REVIEWED FOR CODE COMPLIANCE.
Other Inspections and Fees
- Inspection outside normal business hours (minimum charge $100 paid in advance)—$50 per hour‡
- Re-inspection fees—$50 per hour‡
- Inspection for which no fee is specifically indicated—$50 per hour‡
- Additional plan review required by changes, additions or revision to plans—$50 per hour‡
- For use of outside consultants for plan checking and inspections, or both—Actual costs‡‡
- Expedited plan reviews when requested by the architect, owner or builder shall be double the normal plan review fee.
- The fee for subsequent permits after the Master Plans have been reviewed, in single-family detached residential projects shall be $250.
‡ Or the total hourly cost to the jurisdiction, which ever is greater. This cost shall include supervision, overhead, equipment, hourly wages and fringe benefits of the employees involved.
‡‡ Actual costs including administrative and overhead costs.