What is the City of Littleton WIN-DOUGH Improvement Grant (WIN)?
Win dough for your window(s)! Get creative and make a splash with your storefront window display through this program that looks to pair local artists, designers, and creative types with your Littleton business to dress up your storefront window display!
Littleton City Council approved $50,000 for the 2023 WIN to be administered by the Economic Development Department. WIN applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis from owners of commercial properties as well as business owners occupying commercial spaces and offers up to $2,000 in funds for qualifying projects.
Who can apply for funding?
Any commercial building owner or commercial space tenant with authorization from the building owner can apply for the WIN. The project site must be within Littleton city limits and tenants must have at least one year remaining on their lease or an option to renew consisting of a written confirmation from the landlord and tenant. Properties having more than one owner must have the proposed improvements approved by all property owners.
Applicants may receive WIN funds for one project per year. Properties located within the Main Street Historic District may be eligible for the Main Street Historic District Grant in addition to the RIG.
As a matching grant program, the applicant pays for the improvements up front, and the city provides reimbursement based on the approved award, up to a maximum of $2,000 per project.
What projects are we looking for?
- Demonstrate creativity and enliven the storefront!
- Propose an appropriate “wow factor” and will create a meaningful design enhancement to a storefront window display.
- Intend to positively promote a business to drive additional sales activity.
- Low cost with high impact
What types of projects are eligible?
- Property must be in Littleton city limits.
- Storefront windows must be highly visible to the public.
Are there any design guidelines?
- Enlarged signage and/or logos are not eligible
- Proposed designs should be context-sensitive and appropriate and seek to enhance the window display and city aesthetic generally.
How are projects selected?
Projects are approved by the grant review committee based on their compatibility with the vision and goals of the City of Littleton.
What happens after a project is selected?
Projects selected for WIN funding must be completed within three months of approval unless an extension is granted in writing by the Economic Development Department. Furthermore, the applicant agrees to:
- Obtain all necessary building permits and any other required permits, when applicable.
- Complete and sign the Acceptance of General Conditions for WIN Assistance form.
- Conform with all safety standards and conditions.
- Maintain the property and the improvements awarded by the WIN.
- Allow the City of Littleton to promote an approved project by various means, including but not limited to: a display of a city sign or sticker at the site during and/or after construction, using photographs, and description of the project in city communications and other materials.
- Provide proof of payment for completed project work with:
- An invoice showing payment and a $0 balance
- A cash, cashed check or credit card payment receipt
What else do I need to know?
- Any work completed before WIN review and project selection is not eligible for WIN funding.
- WIN award recipients with a project not started within three months of approval forfeit funding and will be required to submit a new WIN application for consideration by the GRC.
- The GRC reserves the right to change the conditions of the WIN as warranted.
- WIN award recipients must provide a W-9 form to the city and will receive a Form 1099 for any WIN award amount of $600 or more.
- Not all projects will be funded and there is no guarantee of full funding being awarded.
- The WIN funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis until WIN funds are exhausted.
Do you have interest in providing services to those seeking improvement in their storefront windows? Fill out this form to be placed on the contact sheet for interior design services in congruence with the WIN-DOUGH Improvement Grant.
Interior Design Contact Sheet Sign-Up